A COURSE OF COUNTERPOINT AND FUGUE, VOL. 2
By L. Cherubini
EXAMPLES ON FUGUE WITH A PERPETUAL ANALYSIS
1. Strict Fugue in Two Parts
2. Tonal Fugue in Two Parts
3. Strict Fugue in Three Parts
4. Tonal Fugue in Three Parts, with One Countersubject
5. Ditto . . . in Four Parts, with One Countersubject
6. Ditto . . . . . ditto . . with Two Countersubjects
7. Chromatic Fugue in Four Parts, with Three Countersubjects
Remark on the Plagal Cadence
8. Tonal Fugue, much developed, in Eight Parts, for Two Choirs
9. Strict Fugue in Eight Parts, for Two Choirs, composed by Joseph Sarti
Windham Press is committed to bringing the lost cultural heritage of ages past into the 21st century through high-quality reproductions of original, classic printed works at affordable prices.
This book has been carefully crafted to utilize the original images of antique books rather than error-prone OCR text. This also preserves the work of the original typesetters of these classics, unknown craftsmen who laid out the text, often by hand, of each and every page you will read. Their subtle art involving judgment and interaction with the text is in many ways superior and more human than the mechanical methods utilized today, and gave each book a unique, hand-crafted feel in its text that connected the reader organically to the art of bindery and book-making.
We think these benefits are worth the occasional imperfection resulting from the age of these books at the time of scanning, and their vintage feel provides a connection to the past that goes beyond the mere words of the text.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.